Thursday 29 April 2010

Designing Multiple Choice Questionnaires

Just had confirmation that my Ethics Application for Questionnaires and Interviews related to my project has been cleared at school level with no corrections.  Just need it to go through the University Board on 18 May. 

I was thinking in a Psychology Research Day that I attended this morning (as part of my work - really exciting even if I did not understand it all!) about my questionnaires.  A lot of questionnaires either ask people to rank a list of items or pick there top 1 (or so many).  Instead I have gone for a hybrid.  I ask them to select the respondents' top answers and then to select ALL that apply.  My logic being there will be a key top answer which I need to identify.  However, some of the other items may also be important but by asking the respondent to identify all relevant answers, I am not making them rank things which are hard to differentiate or not relevant to them at all.  Also my lists are intended as inspiration for the justification of the answer which provides the qualitative data I really want.  Let's hope it works ...

No comments:

Post a Comment