Thursday 17 June 2010

I Haven't Forgotten

I know I am meant to be blogging and keeping a diary regularly. 

But like most people in academia (indeed, most humans), I am somewhat target driven which means that after a very nice weekend, the paper still wasn't written.  Now some 2200 of 3600 words is written and most of the rest sketched.  And a section on defining internationalisation can be lifted from the essay I am to write (as well) this weekend for a tutorial.  I now an extention on submitting the slides until Monday and I think I almost have a clever conclusion and will be ready to deliver next Thursday.  Even almost come up with a conclusion along the lines of that in such an environment as Erasmus Mundus, students collaboration to improve Special Education Needs is not a question of inspiration but inevitability. 

And as I have been writing this just had a good quotation from the Academic Co-operation Association to end with:
"Everyone wants a world-class university. No country feels it can do without one. The problem is that no one knows what a world-class university is, and no one has figured out how to get one".
(Philip Altbach of Boston College at ACA Seminar)

No comments:

Post a Comment