Thursday 1 July 2010

Trips Across Europe

Just been thinking about my research and how useful it was to meet with the students face to face and question them about their feelings towards inclusive education. Now the alumni are spread around the world so the only way I am going to approach them is via telephone. Now I am trained as a radio interviewer so I should be able to get them to do a reveal some interesting things about their experiences but it is not as easy as face to face.
The last chance I can speak to students is just after the vivas (it would not be fair to disturb them when preparing for them) which take place in Tilburg (Netherlands), Prague (Czech Republic) and Roehampton (UK). This is also a week I have off on leave. So I have just thought I could do a quick whizz across Europe so I can interview them face to face but the window of opportunity is small. It would mean flying out to Eindhoven for Tilburg on Monday night, interviewing all day Tuesday, flying Amsterdam to Prague Wednesday morning before interviewing Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning before flying back to the UK and interviewing the UK cohort on the Friday. Intensive but I would then have a three day weekend to recover and some excellent data. And the flights would cost me about £120. Tempting. Just need to check the students are available and the academics willing. Time for a bit of arranging. I also need to start working on getting myself an invite to the Erasmus Mundus co-ordinators conference in November so I can interview both the staff their and network. A busy few months travelling coming up. Researching international education has its benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment